Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Day With Baling - Jeli...

The plan was to go as far as we could and after that get a lift over the mountains. This day was the hardest day sofar on this journey with alot of 10% ups and down. We skated for 8h this day and I think i walked for 5-6 of them and I was so tired. I had some parts there I just wanted to throw my board in the ditch. I´m not a big fan of very steep slopes because I´m not so good at breaking when it starts to go to fast, I´m only been skating since this summer so, but I get better and better. It´s not fun when it goes so fast that you feel you can´t break and the board is jumping around because of the bad pavement. I have a really hard time to slide my board so I have to footbrake or grab on to Marias bike, but it have worked out fine sofar.

When we reached Bersia we sat us down and tried to get a lift to Jeli, it took us around 1h before a man stopped. We jumped on the back of his truck with all of our gear and he took us half way up in the mountains to his restaurant. After 1-2h more we got a lift to Jeli with a truck and it took us a while to get down with all these ups and downs and the truck was 35 years old so that was probably one reason.

The reasons we hitchhiked were because of:

1 - If we had skated this part it had taken us around 3-4 days with almost just walking.

2 - Only one place to stay and this was quite expensive, but if you are the only place you can take whatever you want.

3 - Mosquitos and alot of them.

4 - Wild tigers (according to our truckdriver).

5 - Wild elephants which we saw around 8 of them, both small and big once, just by the road.

6 - This massive rains that almost come every afternoon/evening or during the night.

If you like really big and steep slopes this is the place for you. I think we had around 40-50km downhill from the top. Take a car up to the top from Grik or Gerik (same place) and take a ride on your board down to Jeli.












Can someone please call 911


/MrJim

No comments:

Post a Comment