Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Day With The First Skateday In Malaysia...

As soon as I had kicked a few metres I got the biggerst bitchslap of my life with bigger bumps in it than our dearest friend Quasimodo, think Quasimodo and a Stegosaurus, but worse. Some parts was good but it kept changing all the time and mostly is was quite bad, some parts was so bad so I had to walk. According to hooglemaps so were we only supposed to skate around 50-60km but we skated around 80km and it was hard with the burning heat, the last 20 km took a really long time. So can we trust googlemaps in th future or shall we trust the roadsigns? When we finally arrived so went we around to some hotels, but it was pretty expensive even though we are out in the middle of everything. After a while we got a single room quite cheap so we have a single 90cm bed, high five, but it´s pretty cosy. The plan was to leave early this morning, but I got fever during the evening and the night and Maria didn´t feel well either. Is it because of the steaking sun or wasn´t I really well when we started. So here we are in our small hotel room with nothing more to do than watching tv or sitting by the computer. I hate to stay at places we haven´t planned to stay at but what shall you do when you don´t feel well. So yesterday was a crappy day, really bad pavement, my headphones braked, fever and my rashes from the heat came back, but this time I have a good salve so hopefully will it not be so bad as the last time.

The plan for tomorrow is to leave at sunrise and skate around 60-70km to the next town, after that we have around 120km over mountains with alot of very steep ups and downs and here is nowere to stay. Sam has gone by cycle this route and it took him two whole days so for me it will take alot longer. We have been warned about sleeping under the stars because of all mosquitos and there are wild elephants in the mountains that you shall stay away from. so we maybe have to skate as far as we can and after that hitchhike to get to the next town, but this it not so easy because of Marias bike.


Me, Sam, Maria & Summer





/MrJim

No comments:

Post a Comment