Monday, January 18, 2010

One Day With Chiang Mai - Mae That...

The day before yesterday I woke up with a terrible cough and a rash covering a big part of my arm so we went straight to the pharmacy. The girl that worked there told us that I probably was allergic to something. What if I'm allergic to tigers? I felt a bit itchy in my eyes after the day at Tiger Kingdom.


When we had both paste and medicin for my cough it was time for breakfast and then we caught a tuktuk to the super highway. The superhighway is the point we're starting our trip from. Our pal with the tuktuk drove us there and when we asked in whitch direction Lampang was, he said that it was on the other side. "I take you, I take you" He said. So we jumped in once more and he drove us to the buss station, it isn't always easy to be understood when people don't speak english. After a while eith wavering and signing he understodd what we meant and drove us back to the first place we went to.


We were a bit scared to skate on these roads because of the fast moving cars and that there is a lot of them. Fortunatelly there is a lane on the big roads that only bikes and motor bikes may use and it's approximately 1-1,5m wide and the road is super smooth.
I push for about 3-4 times and it takes me 100-150m.





When we got outside Chiang Mai the people no longer know any english so we use our guidebook which have a lot of useful phrases and words. We also do a lot of made-up sign language. Signs like eat, sleep, pee, you know the sign with both hands on your wiener.
I don't think this sign looks the same for all people, but if you just like me need a helping hand to lift this heavy thing, you know what I mean.

When it's almost five o'clock in the afternoon we had skated about 50km and started to look for somewhere to sleep. After a while we found a place I can only descride as a ghost town, a bit creepy but we hadn't much choice. At least we could take a shower. This place surely was very nice when it was built, 20-30 years ago, but after that I don't think they have done anything.

After I've taken a shower, watched a movie, I feel a sleep six o'clock, nice.

/MrJim

No comments:

Post a Comment