Monday, January 18, 2010

One Day With Mae That - Lampang...

Day 2 showed out to be a hell of a day. We were about to climb a mountain with a height of 1700 m above the sealevel. I believe that we walked for about six hours and skated for two that day, so we were pretty worn out I can tell you.

When we finally reached the top and it started to go downhill I told Maria that it was safe to skate because it wasn't as steep as before and a bit further down it seemed to be horisontal. She agrees, but it turned out to be a big fucking illusion. You know like when you are in the desert and see a waterhole and palmtrees. I went for the slope and it was steep as hell and with just 1m to skate on, no sliding gloves (forgot them at home) I understood this was going to be really nasty. After several attempts of footbreaking, not succeding, I turned to the side to save the board from the traffic and I tried to run to save myself, even though I knew it was impossible if you name isn't Bolt, but I doubt even he would make this.
You don't want to end up in the car lane because they drive like maniacs, there are no speedlimits and will surely hit you.
Fortuantelly the road was smooth and all I got was a small mark on my knee and elbow, I also managed to get an air-con hole in my trousers, so know I don't have to be so warm. The worst part is that I hurt my foot when I jumped of my board and it still hurts, but it's much better than yesterday. I managed to walk and skate with it for five more hours after the accident so I think it will be ok.

When it gets dark in Thailand it gets dark fast. When it was seven o'clock we had to use our headlamps. When then were 5km from Lampang which was the days final destination. In all misery we had some luck and a Brittish guy on a motorbike stoped and offered a ride to a guesthouse. So Maria and I jumped up on the bike with all our gear and his bag. It was pretty cosy but Maria was sceared as hell. Maria was the hotdog and we were the bread. He dropped us at a really nice guesthouse and we will stay here for two more nights to heal my foot.










/MrJim

1 comment:

  1. Wow...fantastic smooth roads there! I like the wide shoulders. I am loving the updates; keep it up, and I hope the foot heals well.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete