Saturday, May 8, 2010

One Day With Dungun - Kuantan...

We left Zar in Dungun for new adventure after a hard night (see picture).

We have now skated 210 km in three days and we have 200 km more to skate to Mersing before we can take some days of on the island Tioman. So we will be skate for 7 days and 410 km without any full day of rest, this is something we never done before, usual we use to skate around 250 km and take one day off. We reason for this is that we have decided to come back from Tioman on the 15th of May and hopefully hook up with some Malaysian and Singapore longboarders to skate the last 130 km together. Sofar haven´t we heard from anyone but it´s still some days before the 15th. We started to spread the message of this on the 5th so maybe that´s why. It had been so much fun if we become a gang of skaters and reach Johor Bahru on the 16th of May to take a group photo by the bridge that connect Malaysia with Singapore and have Singapore in the background. We can´t skate the bridge so our final destination is Johor Bahru and the bridge.







When we reach Johor Bahru we have skated 1100 km in Thailand and 900 km in Malaysia, total 2000 km. The plan was to skate around 3000 km but with all the problems we have had with my strained back and the rashes from the heat that made me rest for 45 days, I think 2000 km is pretty good.

We stayed for the night 8 km north of Kuantan in a nice place with swimmingpool.

Now we have 340 km left and it feels in the body that we almost have skated 1700 km, mostly in my feet and my groin. I have blisters under my left foot and in every kick my groin hurts so badly and when the pavement is bad I have to kick alot more and it´s killing me, but what to do. It hasn´t been so fun to go up 5.40am every morning so put on the gear and be ready for the road just before sunset and skate around 4-7 hours with bad pavement and pain everywere without my upperbody. The pavement was really good from KUala Besut and quite far south, but now have it been really bad, sometimes you almost can´t skate it. Right now I live on the thought that we almost are in Singapore and it feels so nice to be able to knock off 50-80 km after every skating day. We only got 5 more days to skate and that give us a total of 35 days of skating when we are finish so the countdown has begun, but it did that for some days ago.

/MrJim

1 comment: